Friday, September 18, 2009

Training Log: Entry 779

RE Squat

Back squat
315x7
275x7

Notes: Didn't hit my rep goal.  Between moving, my job, my school, and my diet, I don't have much energy in the gym.  I'm getting back on creatine this week, so that should help.  I did this beltless since I don't know where my belt is, and it's gotten me thinking about just doing all my RE work beltless so I can get my ego out of the way and just go for high reps.

Sumo deadlift of 315
3x3

Notes: No chalk and no belt here.  Kept it light just to get familiar with the movement.  This will work much better than conventional deadlifts after high rep squats.

Front squats of 135
1x15

Notes: Kept the weight light just to get the movement in.  Went up like air.

45 degree hyperextension
3x15

Notes: Bands are packed, so I hit this up.

Cable ab pulldowns
3x15


Considerations:  I think I'm gonna stick with the sumo pulls here and use the trap bar for RE work for the time being.  I'll use the belt on my heavy work when I find it, and go beltless on the RE work.  Front squats weren't bad, but should use the olympic grip rather than arms folded if I'm doing more than 5 reps.  My upperbody seems to need more volume, but this worked out well for the lowerbody.  I think I might keep the rest times higher on the squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment