Thursday, September 24, 2009

Training Log: Entry 781

RE lower deadlift

Conventional deadlift of 275
2x15

Notes: Worked from a dead stop with minimal rests between reps.  Really took a toll on my conditioning.  Working on "dive bombing" the deadlift and really getting my leg drive into the lift.  I know it's trying to front squat the weight up, but it keeps my back in a better position.  Used a belt.  Not bad light work, still had more in me, but wanted to keep the reps around 15.

Squats
385x3
2x3x365

Notes: The 385 worked well, but it was a pretty decent strain and I want to keep my momentum going here, so I cut it down a little.  365 went up like a rocket, and sunk down very deep.

SSB lunges of bar
1x20

Notes: 20 reps per leg.  My garage is still cluttered from moving, and trying to manuever around boxes with more than just the bar on my shoulders didn't seem smart.

Average band good mornings
3x15

Notes: Focused on sticking the butt way out and really stretching the hamstrings.

Saxon side bends of 15
2x8

 

Considerations: Gonna use the trap bar as my heavy movement on my squat day, just so I'm not deadlifting twice per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment