Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Training Log: Entry 777

RE upper

DB press of 115
11,5,3,4

Notes: Had someone spot me on the final rep of the final set.  I didn't turn it down, as I figure it's better than failing.  I might cycle down on weight to rebuild momentum, but we'll see how that goes.  I coulda hit a 4th rep on the third set, but I misgroved it.

Wide grip incline press of 185
5x4

Notes: I think 5 sets is a bit much.  I might just add 1 set one week, then add more reps the next, rather than keep adding sets.  Kinda like how I've been doing with the DB press.  I might even cut back to 3 sets and go for a rep PR.  Still kinda experimenting.  I could feel my labrum twisting a little.

Lat pulldowns
160*x15
140*x15
120*x15
100*x15
100*x15

Notes: * indicates an extra plate added onto the cable stack.  Focused on pulling with the elbows and feeling the lats.  Still getting strain in my elbows, I think I mighta wanna ditch the straps so I can put my hands down between reps.

Tate press of 35 superset with kelso shrugs of 50
20/20, 14/14, 12

Notes: Kelso shrugs are supposed to be arms unbent, but I do better with a little bend.  I'm getting more my middle back than upper, but that's what seems to be crapping out on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment