Saturday, March 13, 2010

Training Log: Entry 834

Boxed again

3x3 rounds on focus mitts

Notes: My straights have power, but my hooks are lacking enough accuracy to be effective. Make sure to return the hand along the same path it traveled, no train tracking.

1x3,1x2 on heavybag

Notes: More body/head movement when throwing on the bag.

2x2, 1x3 sparring

Notes: Finally landing left hooks. I think the mitt work helps "prime" my body to think more in terms of combinations than single shots. Try to not "fence" on the body jab, as I can't follow it up doing that. Majority of my offense is still left hand, need to get less gunshy with my right. Work on getting the hands glued to the face after I throw, especially with the 1-2. I seem to throw the left and then oddly parry with the left while throwing the right. I had good luck feinting to the body and throwing to the head. Wasn't as slippery in my defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment