Sunday, March 14, 2010

Training Log: Enty 835

Going to change my lifting up to compensate for both wanting to train my boxing/conditioning more and my general lack of interest in my present routine.  My goal is to train less often but more frequently, and I plan to accomplish this by doing a full body routine.  I want to focus more on my maximal strength, but still keep up my work capacity stuff.  To accomplish this, I'm going to stick with abbreviated training, with 3 sets in the 3-5 rep range, and 1 set for maximal reps with reduced weight.

Here is what I'm planning

Day A
Safety Squat Bar Box Squat 3x5, 1x20+
Dips 3x5, 1xfailure
DB rows 3x max at 150 (heaviest DB I have, may need to get creative here), 1x20+

Day B
Deadlift or Elevated trap bar lift 3x5, 1x20+ (possibly touch and go)
Overhead press 3x5, 1x20+
Chins 3x5, 1xfailure (may use a band to reduce resistance)

Goal is to train 2-3 times a week, with boxing taking a higher priority.

 

On a physique related note, my sprawl shorts still fit, 10lbs later.

No comments:

Post a Comment