Monday, November 6, 2017

Training Log: Entry 2388

Did 100 burpees in 8:45 2 days ago. 

Today

20 push ups, every minute on the minute for 50 minutes

Notes: Yes, that is in fact 1000 push-ups.  Do I know how to deload or what?  This was one of those Forest Gump sorta moments, where I set out to do 10 minutes, and that felt good, so I did 20, and at that point figured I'd do 500, and once I got there, figured 1000 was within reach.  Right around 900 is when it started getting challenging, as up until then it was taking me 15 seconds to complete sets, and at that point it went to 20, and the final set took 45.  I'll see how I feel over the next few days, and if I don't get rhabdomyolysis, I might do this again sometime.

Took a photo of the chest pump.  Wasn't quite "unreal", but still very solid.


7 comments:

  1. So do you have chest rhabdo then?

    WR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing pretty well amazingly. Just a little sore in the pecs and triceps. Nothing unworldly.

      Delete
    2. Nice. /r/fitness would've exploded if you had finally disabled yourself

      Delete
    3. I just can't wait to bring it up next time someone sees Building the Monolith and goes "it's impossible to do 200 dips!"

      Delete
    4. At this point it's almost like you're seeing how much absurd stuff you can do just so you can use it as examples in arguments.

      Delete
    5. Funny you mention that. It reminds me of a funny anecdote that shaped my life a bit. When I was a kid, my uncle had 2 dogs; a border collie and a husky. The husky was, of course, insane, and one day got stuck by a jumping cactus. Had thorns all in it's paws and face. My uncle had to pull the thorns out with pliers, and the whole time the husky is crying/talking to my uncle like how huskies do. The border collie saw itself as the husky's mother/keeper, and to seemingly prove a point, went up to the husky, looked at the ball of cactus my uncle had pulled out of it's paw, and ate it right in front of the husky. It then sat there calmly and quietly while my uncle pulled all the thorns out of it's face/tongue.

      It was a combination of brazen stupidity and bullheaded stubbornness purely to shut someone up. You gotta love it, haha.

      Delete
    6. Sometimes you eat the cactus and sometimes the cactus eats you. That's pretty ridiculous and also an apt analogy.

      Delete