Thursday, November 23, 2017

Training Log: Entry 2395

AM WORKOUT

Axle bench press
5xAxle
5x136
5x186
5x226
5x256
5x291
5x10x226

Lat pulldown 160
5x8

Viking squat 95
5x10

Band pull aparts
5x20

DB rows 105
1x21

Full ROM plate raise 7.5kg
1x70

Notes: For the 5x10 on bench, I did a giant set of the viking squats and pull aparts.  Starting to think the left knee is getting some arthritis, and looking through training, what I've changed recently is reduced the frequency of knee flexion work, so I'm trying to bring that back, even if it's going "off program".  Viking squats, SSB squats and buffalo bar squats are on the radar, and on my non-training time I'm making a concentrated effort to use my left knee more. 

Beyond that, this was a solid workout.  Things were smooth. 

Woke up at 193.2.

2 comments:

  1. Wait....I thought arthritis meant you were supposed to shut the whole thing down, use a cane, and spend the next 40 years of your life griping about it incessantly, complaining about all the things you could be doing if it weren't for your arthritis, while bouncing back and forth between experimental medications? You mean you can improve this problem with EFFORT?!? GROSS.

    Enjoy the feast. Thankful for self-efficacy.

    WR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, don't get me wrong; if this is what arthritis is, I can understand why it compels people to just quit, because it hurts and limits my ROM, but I think it's something that can be worked through. Either that, or I'll get a cybernetic knee, haha.

    Appreciate the well wishes. Hope you eat well.

    ReplyDelete