Thursday, February 29, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3195

AM WORKOUT (0420 wake up via alarm)


**5/3/1 BUILDING THE MONOLITH** Week 6, Workout 4 (Conditioning)


75 KB swings w/24kg bell

2+ mile walk w/80lb vest

26 rounds in 18 minutes of 10 prisoner squats and 10 push ups


BREAKFAST


No morning walk (had to get to work early)


Notes:


* I say it every week: this is EXACTLY the workout I need at this point in the week.  Between deadlifts and widowmaker squats, I need this light tonic workout.  It’s all I’m in the mood for when that alarm goes off, and by the time it’s done I feel BETTER rather than beat down.  


* I’ve been meaning to log it each time and I forget to, so I’m doing it now: one of the most significant signs of improving leanness is that my weight belt is fitting better whenever I wear it.  It’s so infrequent now (twice a week, vs every single workout) that it’s easier to feel the differences.  It was getting a little snug 2 weeks ago, and now it’s perfect.  I’m seeing improved abdominal definition as well and general stomach flatness.  I talked about getting back to what works, and that included going back to the roots of the Velocity Diet, but I should also document that I’ve taken my hydration more serious as well.  I was experimenting with consuming less water, and I feel I can conclude it was the wrong move.  I drink even when not thirsty at this point, trying to keep thirst at bay, and I see just overall improvements in general with that strategy.


* I’ve got Tang Soo Do later tonight, so a little more activity on the horizon.  Friday will be the final lifting day of the program, weekend will be typical insanity, and then my work schedule may get a little nutty next week until I am on vacation, but that’s a small sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment