Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Training Log: 425

Weighted dips of 90lbs
5x5

Notes: A little too low on the last rep of the first set.  Pulled my delt a little, but nothing major.

Low cable pulley row of 150
5x5

Notes: As much as I wanted to do bent over rows, with only one cage/rack, and no free barbells, it ain't gonna happen here.  This will be a decent substitute.

SLDLs of 295
5x5

Notes: Remember to center self on bar next time.  I was too far to the right and was twisting on the pull for the first few reps before I realized the problem.  Doing a good job keeping my back arched and pulling with the hammies.

 

Took my PFT the other day.  Managed the run without any training, about the same time as when I commissioned.  Push-ups and sit-ups were maxed as usual.  I'm aclimitizing to the weather.

 

Found the "boxing room" at the gym.  2 speed bag stands and one "heavy" bag hanging in a corner with no room to move around it.  The bag is maybe 70lbs, and way too soft.  Oh well, beggers can't be choosers.

 

I've been losing fat thanks to my new program.  I don't have a car, so I have to walk to the grocery store and hand carry the food I want home.  This means I need to prioritize my food choices, and bring home no junk food and lots of meat and good carbs.  My wife cooks healthy food compared to the stuff I ate at home/at school, so I might be able to drop my gut.

4 comments:

  1. It's especially hard to maintain form stiff-legged at that kind of weight. Nice numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many pushups do you usually have to do for PT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job making do with what you've got.Does it still feel weird saying "my wife"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minimum of 44 push-ups in a minute I think, and max of 62.
    I've adjusted to saying "my wife" because I started early, hehe.  It at least rolls of the tongue easier than "fiancee".  And yeah, at least the gym is well stocked.

    ReplyDelete