Saturday, July 21, 2007

Training Log: Entry 434

Hitting bag barefoot proved an effective tactic.  My shoes slip on the basketball court floor, but bare feet stick and plant.  I could tell I was generating way more power because I gassed way early into the exercise.

Decided to work some specific drills on the bag.

Jab-cross-lead hook.

Focused on moving in at an angle rather than straight on, snatching hands back to my face and chasing after the cross with the hook. Became a real powerful combination.

Drill my jabs, crosses, hooks, and shovel hooks for maximal power while keeping hands up.  Wish I could get in a little more training, maybe with this new get together.

Met some dude at the gym named Jonathan that wanted to get together for some MMA at the local university.  It's a longass drive, and it sounds like all he wants to do is grapple.  I'm so tired of this crap.  I might go once in a blue moon, but I don't plan to make it a regular thing.  He seemed pretty sketch.

 

Training volume on RE day is becoming absurd with the grippers.  I think after this next deload, I'm gonna try for the 3 and see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment