Thursday, May 5, 2011

Training Log: Entry 986

SSB squats 375
3x5

Notes: First set is always the hardest. Sounds like my warm-up sucks.

GHR
1x28

Mini band pull aparts
4x16

Pin press off chest 255
3x5

Swiss bar bench 185
1x18

(7) Mat pulls 495
1x5

Notes: This worked out well, I think my theory of ROM progression is sound, and I should be able to hit 495x5 from the floor in 2 months. I'm attempting to go touch and go, but I had about 3 dead stop reps here.

EZ bar curls 85
1x21


NOTES: Still hammering out the details with assistant work. I think I'm going to put hyperextensions as my primary core work on day A, since chins don't hit the lower back a whole bunch, and roman chair sit-ups on Day C, since my lower back gets hit on day B and C. Pull aparts on Days A and B, since chins and 1 set of deads isn't going to hit the rear delts much. Curls on day B due to the lack of elbow flexion in the deads. Band pushdowns on Day C just to get some elbow rehab in. My calf work is gonna just come from sled dragging, which will also help my quad conditioning which seemed to be lacking during my most recent max effort squat attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment