Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Training Log: Entry 1022

Squats 430
5,4,3

Notes: Finally hitting my breaking point, but I can live with that.  Going to reduce volume on my first 2 days a touch and see what happens.

Miniband pull aparts
4x29

GHR light band
1x32

Wide grip swiss bar press 265
3x6

Wide grip bench press 205
1x22

Mat pulls weren't budging.  I'm overtraining.

Solution: I noticed last training cycle that once I started pulling around the 4 mat point things were getting tough.  This is the second time it has happened, and when paired with my higher squat weight/volume, it's a recipe for injury/overtraining.  I'm going to pull from the 7, 6, and 5 height, and on the 4th week either deload, speed pull, or pull 405 off the floor for reps.  My squat should be building up my pull off the floor, and by overloading my back with the mat pulls, I should be able to nail anything in comp.  It's going to hurt my ego to not hit some great gym numbers every 2 months, but I gotta be smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment