Friday, July 22, 2011

Training Log: Entry 1023

Light reverse band Squats 435
5,5,5

Notes: I've been in denial, but I peaked. Took 435 for a tough single in my opening set, and decided to throw on the bands. Feels like nothing on my back when I hit the hole. This could be good for overloading my upperback, but it's not going to help my dead any. I'll have to come up with a COA from here.

DB rows 185
5,5,3


Wide grip swiss bar press 270
6,3,3

RCSU+10
3x14

Notes: Cut out all extra work for today. I need to recover. Time to do some planning.

2 comments:

  1. I'd be curious how you respond to 5/3/1 or the powerlifting version of it. It's such an easy program to recover from, but you've been squatting heavy so often I'd wonder if it would actually cause you to regress.And damn, dude, the heat over there sounds brutal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've contemplated 5/3/1, but the 4 day a week training protocol and only 1 day a week of squatting makes it unappealing at present.  I may end up giving it a go if my next plan doesn't work.Heat isn't terribly, was just having a bad streak for a bit.

    ReplyDelete