Thursday, October 27, 2011

Training Log: Entry 1077

Squat 470
3,2,1

Notes: Spent 10 hours walking around disneyland yesterday and still smashed this. Hitting a sticking point at midway but still able to power through it. This was my competition max for a triple (rounding down from 474), without wraps. Can't wait to see what I can do on gameday with wraps.

Speed bench 155+minis
8x3

Db row 100
35,15

Notes: Met my goal of 50 in 2 sets

Other stuff. Last day of training in a commercial gym.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Mindblowing, man. Would you say using the SSB is what really shot your squat up in the first place? A year ago you were still repping in the 300s.Reminds me of Jim Wendler saying "If you can't squat the next day after a fucking walk then you have problems."

    ReplyDelete
  2. @l3loodFist - The SSB had some positive effects and definitely allowed me to build up my upperback to the point that I don't ever worry about falling forward, but I think my current training protocol is the most responsible for my success.  Specifically, my reverse band work, which trains me to overload my body, and my approach of 1 day of singles work and 1 day of 3,2,1, alternating each week.  I finally quit ramming my head into the wall with linear progression work and took the time to sit down, look at what benefits me the most, and write a training program around it.

    ReplyDelete