Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1778

(15) Chain Suspended Safety Squat Bar Squats 445+chains
1x5

Notes: Been neglecting this movement for too long.  Good to bring it back.

Log cleans
Worked up to 205x3

Notes: Performed these in between warm-up sets for the squats. Haven't touched the log in a while, and it's part of a press medley coming up.  This is already above competition weight and was pretty easy, so I'm not too worried, just want to not waste time by having poor technique on comp day.

Reverse hyper 320
3x12

GHR sit up w/25lb plate behind head
3x6

Carry medley (25', 200lb sandbag, 182lb keg)
4 trips

Notes: Agility was never my thing, but I started picking up the technique as I went.  The higher I get the implement on my chest, the faster I can go.  Really noticed a difference when I ditched my Inzer lever belt and went with the Spud deadlifting belt.  This event will range 25-50' and have farmer's and a yoke in it.  I got the farmer's to train with, was too lazy to load them, but no yoke.  Plan is to steal a page from Dan John, and hit a set of safety squat bar squats before running to simulate the fatigue/suckiness of the yoke.  Should help get some SSB squat volume in too.

Neck harness 45lbs
40 reps


General notes: Had the day off work today, so was able to train longer than normal.  Will need to be able to condense this down in the future, as I normally train before work.

No comments:

Post a Comment