Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1787

(13) Safety Squat Bar squats 445+chains
1x1

Notes: Heavy just wasn't happening today. 3 days of training in a row, kind of predictable. I fixed this later in my training.


Keg cleans 182
4x1

Notes: Hit these in between my warm-ups for the squats. Second set was smooth, every other set had issue getting my left hand full rotated. Need to work on my set-up/speed.



GHR sit ups w/25lb plate behind head
3x8


Safety Squat Bar Squats
8x335+chains
16x245+chains
32x155+chains

superset w/

Reverse hyper 370
2x8


Notes: Due to my body's refusal to move heavy weight, I decided to punish it by stripping a plate and doubling reps each set for some light squats. Supersetting this with the reverse hyper gave me the nastiest lower back pump I've had in a while. Part of my ongoing approach to teach my body to fear my mind and realize that asking for unscheduled time off is going to result in a Faustian deal.


Basically, this is the conversation I have whenever I'm having a bad gym day (With Joe Pesci playing the part of my mind)


No comments:

Post a Comment