Thursday, January 15, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1779

PRESS DAY

Overhead medley (205lb log, 182lb keg, 105lb fat grip dumbbell)
-1 rep for log and keg, AMRAP for db, performed in this order, clean db one time

2 rounds

Notes: Hit 4 reps on the DB first round, 3 reps second.  First round I was right underneath my garage door for the keg, so I actually cleaned it and moved out of the way for the press.  Log and keg are slightly above comp weight, DB slightly below.  For the comp, I will also need to clean and press a 205 axle at the start, and will work that in next week, but for today I just wanted to get a feel for things.  Moving smooth, leg drive actually gets better on the second rep for the DB.  Worse LOOSE wrist wraps and it seemed to help.  Log moved smooth.



Slight incline DB press 105 w/reactive slingshot
10,9,6

w/unloaded DB handles, no slightshot
75



Notes: As you can see from the attached image, I'm probably the smartest man alive, because I figured out a way to make this exercise easier using my keg.  It took me the first set to realize there was a better way, but now that I have this figured out, this should make the exercise far more enjoyable.  This will be good in the future when I do incline log pressing as well.

Chins
1x20
4x10

Pull aparts
5x20

Notes: Chins and pull aparts performed in between sets of DB pressing.


Grenade ball cable hammer curls 50lbs
3x9

Light band pushdowns
25
20
20

Band pull aparts
3x10

Notes: Performed as one giant set


Log push-ups
15 w/narrow handles
5 w/wide handles

Notes: Just a little finisher.  Great pec movement, easier on the shoulders since the grip is neutral and the log diameter limits ROM.

2 comments:

  1. The keg stand and log push-ups are great ideas. You should be able to cut a decent amount of time by actually using leg drive in a medley, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leg drive is for communists and people with talent, haha. Something I can hope for at least. Logs are cool for so many things other than just pressing. I like it for curls and rows too.

      Delete