Thursday, January 29, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1788

Got off work early, managed to grab an afternoon workout, and even got to video it.






Overhead press Medley (200lb axle, 200lb log, 182lb keg, 105 fat grip dumbbell)
3 rounds
-DB reps 8,4,3 (I think, may have to look at the video for sure)

Notes: What a difference having a few meals in me and not training first thing in the morning/with enough space makes. Weights flew up. Really tried to focus on reducing the time between the clean and the press, which in turn made me strict press everything. Not really sure which is the better way to go. Very pleased with the dumbbell press. Did some sets with the left arm to even it out, just not part of the medley. I don't think I'll move fast enough where I'll have enough time to press with the left arm after the right arm dies, but just in case I'd like to be prepared.


Carry medley (205lb sandbag, 182lb keg, 50'ish)
4 rounds

Notes: Felt something pop in my left wrist on the second round, but seems like I'm ok. This got brutal toward the end. Felt like my left hip was about to slide out of the socket carrying the keg. Working on more of a controlled fall than a run at this point. Rebuilt my sandbag to be more compressed, so now it has a samurai top knot and is far easier to pick up.

5 comments:

  1. Cool video, I'm jealous of how effortless the keg press is to you. Do you think you'll do more post-work sessions now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. As funny as it is to hear someone like me say it, the keg is all technique, haha. Gotta get the far hand REALLY far away so that you can roll the keg up your body while you pull it up, kind of like a log clean. If you try to just pull the keg straight up like a high pull, there is no way to rack it on the chest. You still keeping your eyes peeled for one? I love this implement.

      As for more post-work sessions, it just depends on my schedule. I typically work the mid shift, but this day I had the early, so I got off work around 1300 and had tons of time to train. Otherwise, I train first thing in the morning since it's about the only time I have.

      Delete
  2. Yep, I was gonna hit up Bev Mo this week, and I also found a steal deal for a 215 Atlas stone at $110.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sweet for a stone. Be great to have in your home gym. Hopefully good luck with Bev Mo.

      Delete
  3. I have no idea what's going on with my profile pic, by the way.

    ReplyDelete