Thursday, April 19, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2482

AM WORKOUT

GIANT SETS

(12) Chain suspended buffalo bar squat
5xBar
5x140
5x190
5x230
3x280
1x330
1x380
1x410
7x460

Keg bearhug and carry
2x100lbs
4x145lbs

Dips
6x20

Assistance

Neck harness 45
4x25

Band pull aparts
4x20

Buffalo Bar squats 240
1x20

Notes: I really like how this broke down.  The giant sets of squat, carry and dip were fairly taxing but not exhausting.  I'm using the bearhug carry to prep for a hussafel like event in my July competition.  The keg is tough to carry that way, because of the wide diameter and slippery nature.  Also, I can actually load the keg and make it heavier, since I'm carrying it upright.  I threw my weight vest into the top this time, and I can always use small plates as well.  Pretty excited about that.  I was feeling pretty weak today, which might just be a result of training post comp.  That topset of squats took a lot, and I was totally gassed after that set of 20.  I still had a lot of room to play with movements on this training day though, so I may figure out some more stuff to work in, but in general I like it.

Woke up at 194.4.  Weight loss has been pretty easy.

PM WORKOUT

Treadmill run

Incline: 1
Speed: 7.5
Distance: 1.5 miles
Time: 12:00

Notes: Holy cow I'm out of shape.  Thankfully I have a full month before my fitness test and a little more time before Murph.  Maybe I can blame it on it being leg day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment