Monday, April 30, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2490

AM WORKOUT

GIANT SETS

Log viper and press away
5xLog
5x155
5x180
11x200
2x245
17x155

Weighted NG chins 30
5x10

Band pull aparts
5x20

GIANT SETS

Log clean and push press away 180
5x5

Hammer curls 40
5x9

Reverse hyper 230
5x12

Notes: Another decent day.  That set of 245 revealed a lot to me.  I'm wasting a lot of energy on the clean, but I also am really lacking in stability at the top. I had the pressing strength in me for a third rep, but the second rep knocked me completely off balance and I lost my brace.  I'll start addressing that.  Got lots of options.  Still need to get crisp on the clean too.  Push press is getting cleaner.  Making sure to focus on keeping the elbows high in the rack position.  I'm excited about how this is going to go once I start actually gaining weight.

Woke up at 194.0.

PM WORKOUT

Treadmill run
Incline: 1
Speed: 7.0
Distance: 1.1 mile w/21lb vest, .4 miles without
Time: 12:52

Notes: Very gradual improvement here, but it's something, especially considering I'm running these as 2 a days.

2 comments:

  1. Your pressing all around has gotten strong, good stuff to see. Shame strongman doesn't have bench pressing, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. Really just gotta chip away at it it seems. And I'm SO happy I don't have to bench, haha. If it weren't for all the years I've already put into it, I'd hang it up.

      Delete