Saturday, June 15, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2461

LATE PM WORKOUT

(3) Texas Deadlift bar touch and go deadlift
5x135+chains
5x225+chains
3x315+chains
1x405+chains
10+3+3x535+chains

Buffalo bar squat (12 deep breaths between sets)
6x410
3x410
1x410
2x370

Notes: Spent most of the day packing and prepping for the move, so got the workout in post dinner rather than pre.  Belt fit real well as a result.  Warm-ups were heavy at the start but felt lighter as I went, and I MAY have had an 11th rep on the topset if my life depended on it.  Things are feeling less hurt.

I just don't have the crazy squat workout in me that I used to.  I imagine the groin injury is the big culprit there.  I have one big blast, and after that there's no backoff left.  I think next time, I'm gonna drop the weight to 140 and just rep until I blackout.  Just need to get in some volume.  But I'm at least moving forward each time. 

Starting to feel that aggression I had before.  I'm sure I'm just going stir crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment