Thursday, November 21, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2558

PM WORKOUT

Swiss bar incline bench 235
3x10

Axle bench press 276
2x10
1x6

Axle close grip bench press 236
1x10
1x7
1x8

Dips
1x32
2x24

Standing ab wheel between sets
8x7

Notes: 2:05 between sets.  Felt really strong coming into this workout, and seeing how well the swiss bar incline is moving is awesome.  I'm really taping into the potential on this, which should help with future pressing.

Got some news today: some good, some bad.  The bad news is that they lowered the weight on the keg press medley in my comp from 275 to 250.  I was absolutely gutted when I read that, and contemplated asking for my entree fee back.  Pretty much the entire reason I signed up was to press a 275lb keg, as it was going to be a VERY big milestone to move such weight, and a significant challenge to get there.  Without those challenges, I don't push myself as hard in training, and, in turn, I tend to end up competing up a weight class just to get that experience, HOWEVER, they even lowered the heavyweight kegs to 250.  This isn't the first time this has happened to me either, and it's honestly making me fall out of love with the sport.  It's STRONGman: let's let the weights be crazy high and challenging.

But, that tantrum aside, it now means I no longer need to gain as much bodyweight, and I can split my focus on other events now too.  Still bummed, but going to make the best of it.

On the good news side, I'm finally hungry again.  And not like "eye of the Tiger" hungry, but "I want to eat food" hungry.  Haven't had an appetite since getting sick on Sunday, and it's been weird to say the least.  As much as feeling hungry might suck, it is my "normal", and not having that hunger feeling was feeling like "not me".  It was like being a zombie.  Being hungry, I'm alert, while being satiated was like being dead.  It was good to be eating things while hungry, rather than out of obligation.

And in just new news, I started including a "testosterone boosting" supplement, which is ultimately just magnesium, zinc and copper.  With my sleep schedule as jacked up as it's been, I figured supplementing some extra vitamins couldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment