Friday, July 31, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2718

AM WORKOUT

Buffalo Bar Squat 
5xBar
5x140
3x205
10x10x280

3 MINUTE REST

Reverse hyper 360
4x12

CONDITIONING

Hang power snatch-jump over bar-jump over bar-Hang power clean-jump over bar-jump over bar: 4 rounds (4 snatches/4 cleans) with 115lbs

Notes: 3:00 between squats, 2:00 between hypers.  First time squatting with the buffalo bar for work sets since the injury a couple months back. The abductor is a little cranky, but no twinges during the workout.  This was the middle week of Deep Water Beginner, using more weight than I did when I originally ran the program while being at 11lbs less bodyweight, so that's pretty cool.  It was also far less dramatic.  Strength and conditioning seems to be way up, despite the injury.  All good signs.  I also can get into a much better bar position for the squat at this bodyweight vs when I was 210lbs.  It was KILLING my shoulder to squat back then, whereas I only dealt with some minor discomfort toward the end of the workout.  Part of that too is that I had coated my buffalo bar in a gun cleaner product to protect it from the elements in my garage and it was still a little slippery.  

Had nothing left in me on the conditioning and called it early as I could see disaster trying to explode over the bar in my cramped training space.  

Really focused on quality reps during the reverse hyper vs just launching weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment