Monday, September 27, 2004

Good news bad news time


Good news: Today during the run, I didn't have to fall out.  I was able to keep up with the formation the entire time.  Running speed and endurance have both increased incredibly.


Bad news: I have been cut from the Ranger Challenge program.  It's a varsity level sport, and they want the best team possible.


I don't need any condolences.  I did my best, and have no regrets.  I've learned a lot; mainly that I need to improve my run time by quite a bit.  I've become too specialized; too much of a fighter and not enough of an athlete/soldier.  It's a crossroads in my training; I need to decide what I want.


Continuing on the bad news; I'm sick.  Sore throat.  I'm taking the rest of the day off.

2 comments:

  1. It's a shame that you were cut, but it sounds like it was a great experience all the same. Sorry to hear your sick as well, it's bound to happen when you have to work that hard though! well... just try to drink hot beverages in your time off, it'll soothe your throat. And yeah, you probably have too many levels in Fighter.... time to multi-class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no don't get sick...i hope you feel better

    ReplyDelete