Monday, September 20, 2004

Training Log: Entry 21

Ranger Challenge kicked my ass.  We ran for 50 minutes at a 6-7
minute mile pace.  I was able to keep up pace for the first .5-.75
of the run, but after enough time I felt sick and fell out of formation
to regain my composure.

We would stop occasionally to do push-ups in the middle of our run in
order for the slower people to have time to catch up with us.  I
was actually able to regain my breath during these periods, and had no
difficulties whatsoever in regards to performance in this aspect of
training.  I believe I was the only one who was doing push-ups
with no hesitation.

I definately have great expectations of this training.

NOTE:  My appetite has increased as a result of this mornings training.  I will note the effects.

Attending Martial Arts training.  The day's focus was on boxing.

Drill 1: Left jab-left lead uppercut.  Counter was catch jab-cover block
Drill 2: Jab-cross, counter was shoulder roll-bob and weave-right cross-left hook blocked by shoulder roll-cover block
Drill 3: Jab-cross, counter was catch jab-slip cross-left body
uppercut-bob and weave left hook from agressor-right cross-left hook
Drill 4: Focus Mitts drills: Single/Double/Triple Jab, 1-2, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-4 combinations. (1 round, 3 minutes)
Drill 5: Focus Mitts drills (focus on targeting) Jab-lead left hook, jab-cross-low left hook-right left hook, jab-low right hook
Drill 6: Breathing drill: Partner punches abdomen for 3 minutes; focus on breathing while being hit

Note: Training partner was of no value.  Very undynamic and
unfocused.  Lacked ability to hold pads correctly.  Must make
sure not to pair up with him in the future.

Further note: Jeff requested I bring my mouthpiece.  I believe he
wants me to spar.  He also cracked a smile when I informed him the
black eye I received was from a club in Hillsboro.

3 comments:

  1. How could your appetite possibly increase?  When you are home, you consume enough to make us question the need for any appliance used for preserving food.
    You do manage to work it off though.  I fear, should this continue, you may very well find yourself short of the sustainence you need to continue your regimented training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you were at the top of your class, glad to hear it, i'd expect no less from you . I'd hesitate on the push-ups without all the the other stuff they already made you do.
    Anyways, glad to hear your doing well. You definitely have to keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, I wasn't at the top of my class; I was one of the slowest runners. When I said I "fell out of formation", that meant we were running in a formation (think about Army movies when you see a platoon running together at the same step) and I had to get out of the formation because the pace was too much for me.Still, I did good for myself, and that's all I can hope for.

    ReplyDelete