Saturday, January 14, 2006

Training Log: Entry 176


Throwdown results. 


Dissapointed.  Only got to do 1 session of striking against a guy who way outmatched me (7th Dan American Kenpo).  I managed to land a few shots, but not much of it was with my hands, which kinda defeats the whole purpose of all this boxing training.  I had arrived late, and no one else really wanted/was able to strike.  Not really many people my size either.  Either way small, or huge.


Did some grappling, and actually managed to get a tap 3 times in 3 rolls.  One was from a kimura in half guard, and two chokes/head cranks. 


The plus side was that my cardio held up really well today.  I wasn't breathing hard at all.  I was also able to take shots that would have put me out of comission a few months ago, so there's some of the perks of all this training.


I miss my gym already.

3 comments:

  1. sorry your throwdown didn't go as expected, but it sounds like your in much better shape because of all the training you've been going through these past monthes, its only bad luck that you didn't get some more evenly matched opponents. I'm sure you'll do great at your next event

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome accomplishment in your ground game. I always arrived late at Malcom's throwdowns haha. Hope you get more chances soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love controllling the head in grappling. Makes escaping from guards easier too."Where the head goes, the body follows."

    ReplyDelete