Friday, January 27, 2006

Training Log: Entry 182


Taught my girlfriend some more grappling today.  I'm amazed with her progress.  It's been about 2 months since her last lesson, but after a quick refresher course and a couple of rolls, she was grappling like I had never seen before.  She normally needed me to point out when there was an opportunity for a sub, but not only did she see them when they were there, she went looking for them.  She stuck me with a gullitine a couple of times, and did a great job with getting in a good position for the armbar.  I just need to refine her armbar so that not only can she get there, but finish it strong.


She pulled off some good grappling tricks that I had never taught her, like using her knees to pin down my arms, working for posisition, etc.  At the end, she even pulled my hair to put me in a guilltine.  I was proud of her for knowing how to play dirty. 


Fun as hell, really proud of her.  Wish I knew more and could teach more.


Having issue with right middle knuckle.  Was bugging me during my boxing training last month.  Can only throw about 3 right crosses without gloves before I get a sharp pain in it.  Feels like nerve damage, or maybe stress fracture.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for teaching me how to grapple.  It has been awhile, but it was a lot of fun.  I've learned a lot and it is beginning to seem a lot more natural now.  I look forward to learning more in the future.  Hopefully, your knuckle will feel better soon.  Keep up your hard work.  Take care!  I'm so proud of you!!! love you!  ~aloha~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, good stuff, you'll have to teach me some grappling as well next time i see you. I better get lessons now before i'll have to pay you to get them . Glad you two are having so much fun. Hope schools going well.

    ReplyDelete