Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Training Log: Entry 262


MT Tonight


Warm-up
Drills
Conditioning


Warm up notes: Man, I was dragging today.  My warmup fatigued me pretty good.  Still, putting good power in those hooks


Drills 1: Taking leg kicks


Notes: Goddamn my left leg needs better conditioning.  I can only eat a few kicks.  Need to plant better and turn out more.


Drill 2: Attacker fires straight punches, defender throws leg kicks


Note: I can finally parry!  For some reason, it just clicked today.  I would slip the punch and move my head out of the way.  The right glove is doing the trick, now I need to work on the left.  Still patting too far from my face.  Must make sure to always be on guard.  A lot of times, I'd collide with another group, drop my hands to readjust, and eat a jab. 


Stop turning leg inside, turn it outside.  Stupid flinching


Drill 3: Attacker uses same attacks, defender throws leg, mid, or high kicks.


Note: I was on fire on defense of the kicks.  Unfortunately, had a knee on knee collision and knocked my training partner out of collission for most of the drill.  Parrying was still strong.


Conditioning: Cardio was lagging a little bit.  Did a ring a round punch in the gut which I managed to life through. 


 


Went on a run last night.  Focused more on speed than distance.  VO2 must be up, wasn't winded.  Good pace.

1 comment: