Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Training Log: Entry 266


MT tonight


Drills
Conditioning


Drill 1: Attacker boxes and leg kicks, defender defends and eats kick


Note: Ugh, defense went out the window tonight.  Need to work on stance and focus.  Bring gloves closer to face.  Maybe experiment more with peek a boo.


Drill 2: Same as above, but step lead leg back away from kick and counter with armkick


Note: Partner was kinda being a dick here.  He'd always back me up into another group before he'd throw the leg kick, basically making me unable to step the lead leg back without stepping on another group.  Oh well, good way to train in a chaotic atmosphere.  Defense was still crappy.


Sparring with boxing and leg kicks+counter armkicks


Partner 1: Nothing really to note.  Good exchanges on both sides.  I can defend much better when I can punch. Stick the jab out to stop a charge.


Partner 2: This guy pissed me off.  Doing alright until he panics and kicks me right in the balls.  Partially my fault for not defending well enough, partially his for kicking me in the goddamn balls.  Thankfully I had my cup on.  We go some more, and out of nowhere he kicks me in the face.  That's just plain disrespectful.  At least I know my chin is strong enough to take a suprise full force Thai kick and not stagger.  I let my anger get the best of me though.  Kid had long hair, and I just kept punching till it got in his face, then launched everything I could at his face while he tried to get the hair out of his eyesite.  Did this for the rest of the round. 


Partner 3: I love and hate sparring this guy.  He's got some great hooks, and I get to test my chin out.  He rocked my body pretty good too.  Was about ready to puke between the groin shot  before and the body punches.  I held my own, attacked his legs, and fired straight punches.  I need to work on getting in with hooks and uppercute.


Conditioning: Rough tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment