Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Training Log: Entry 269


MT tonight


Warm-up
Drills
Conditioning


Notes: Back to basics.  Working on the MT cirriculum from scratch.


Personal note: After so many nights of bad defense, I glued my hands to my face tonight.  Huge improvements, not just in defense, but punching power.  With better defense comes more confident offense.  Whole new fighter.


Drill 1: Attacker teeps, defender sweeps


Note: Did alright here, but pay more attention to which leg is coming.  Too easy to get faked out.  Still, even when faked out, did a good job of moving sideways rather than backwards.  Loving lateral movement.


Drill 2: Same as above, with counter leg kick-switch arm kick.


Note: Get better spacing on that arm kick.


Drill 3: Same as above, but block the counter shots.


Note: Retarded partner, took time away to teach him how to block a leg kick.  Didn't attack me with any power, but oh well, I worked what I could.


Conditioning: Tore up my feet pretty bad on the mats.  Couldn't pivot much as a result.


Worked boxing on a shield today.  My punches were popping, and I kept sending my partner flying into other groups.  I managed to work my circular movements and hooks as well.

1 comment: