Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Training Log: Entry 263


MT tonight


Warm-up
Drills
Conditioning


Warm-up: Nothing significant.  Working the double low kicks more.


Drill 1: Focusing on the teep today.  Attacker throws straights and long hooks, defender uses teep to keep distance


Note: Was partnered up with my grappling coach oddly enough.  He had a hurt back and was fighting soutpaw, so things were a little wonky.  He wasn't throwing at me with enough intensity.  Was focusing on circular movement rather than linear


Drill 2: Same as above, but defender throws long knee with stiff arm rather than clinch


Coaches note: When defending against an aggressive partner, wait for them to over punch, then make the stiff arm and knee one motion.


Note: Can't just defend one punch and forget about the rest.  Defend punches in bunches.


Conditioning: Was sagging a little, nothing major.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've had a good class.  I think it is good that you get to spar with a southpaw.  Even though it isn't what you'll normally up against, it is good to be well rounded.  I'm glad to hear you are having a good time.  I'll see you soon.  I love you!  ~aloha~

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Punches in bunches"... I like that

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you do on like, "Off-Season" or like the School year, to get your Cardio so good?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hardly any cardio during the school year.  I focus on powerlifting/strength training during that time.  For cardio, I go to class, and maybe go run a couple of miles every couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete