Monday, November 6, 2006

Training Log: Entry 308

MMA club meeting.

Been having them frequently, just not updating much.  Today was worth noting though.

Walked my fiancee through the Omaplata and triangle to armbar to triangle stuff again, then let her do some free rolling with me.  It was like she was a whole new person alluva sudden.  Working for great posistioning, tight guard, good sub game, good balance.  Was actually fighting at one point, then feeding her opportunities which she didn't hesistate to take.  Proud of her.  Good progress.

Set her up with some elbows and knees to work on the bag.  Little awkward, but give it time.

Worked for the takedown with the SG/JKD guy.  Fun stuff, reminded me of wrestling.  I worked for the clinch a lot because I wanted to shoot for a firemen's, but didn't really work.  After some scrambling, I got a bodylock from behind.  He hipped out, so I dropped my weight and crashed him to the floor, then took side control.  After that, I got an overhook, drug his head down, pulled his right arm and grapped a single leg on his left.  Got the takedown, but woulda gotten chocked out.  Wrestling instinct.  Third time he pulled a single leg on me.  Got low enough after my first sprawl to pull it off.  Fourth time something funny happend.  He shot in, I stuff the takedown, stayed on my feet, wrapped my arms around him, stiff legged deadlifted him, and had him set up for a piledriver.  If I was mean and went through with it, he'd most likely be eating everything through a straw.  Was kinda satisfied to know I coudl do that though.

Sprawl is still nice and tight, and my body remembers how to take people down, I just don't.  Can't teach it, can't articulate it, just do it.

SG/JKD guy didn't want to spar today...kinda sucks.  Skills declining.

No comments:

Post a Comment