Monday, November 20, 2006

Training Log: Entry 315

MMA club meeting.

Helped the fiancee with some rolling.  Showed her a few sweeps and helped her positional game.  She's really putting it all together now.

Worked my boxing defense against three different sparring partners.  Didn't throw any punches, only defended.

First partner was the new boxer.  Was working on my footwork on this one, but we had such a cramped space with so little room that I kept running into junk.  It's hard to defend against a flurry of hooks when you can't throw a counter punch.  Did a lot of bobbing and weaving and not too much else.  He started getting really wild, and for the first time in my life I slipped a major hook that left him off balance and put him in a disadvantage.  Felt good.

Second partner was my fiancee.  Always a challenge dealing with the flurry of overhands.  Did a good job of blocking straight shots with my elbows.  More bobbing and weaving, getting tagged on the back of the head, but hopefully it meant I could throw some counters.  Gotta keep those eyes up.  Can't look down.

Third was the BJJ/KK chick.  Did a good job of working on my slips, patting and parrying.  Good job on noticing the telegraph.

Notes:
Good use of bobbing and weaving and blocking shots with my elbows
Need to work on parrying and patting
Decent job of slipping, but could be better.
Keep those goddamn eyes up.
Need spar.

No comments:

Post a Comment