Monday, November 13, 2006

Training Log: Entry 311

MMA club meeting.

Worked some subs with the fiancee.  Went over how to spin out of a triangle, and a wonky sub from under side control that I saw on youtube.  Wouldn't work against an effective grappler, but it has some use.  Worked positioning, rolling, etc etc.  Paired her off with the BJJ chick because she can go much faster/harder than I can without injuring the training partner.  Fiancee is doing much better.  Getting much better positioning, rolled out from under mount, stayed dominant for a good part, lasted a while.  I'm proud of her.

Very lite, low aggression sparring with the new boxing kid.  His guard is getting nice and tight.  Counter punching getting better, but lowers his head when he rushes.  No good.

Take downs with JKD/SW guy.  I won more of the exchanges than I lost.  Getting really good at the single leg from the clinch now.  Got a double underhook lock belly to belly takedown, that was cool.  Tried and failed at a hip toss.  Got spun out from under one one takdown and he got my back, no good.  It's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment