Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Training Log: Entry 366

Deloaded on my CoC #1.

Did some knife sparring today with a JKD guy.  Cute stuff.  Pretty much knife tag.  Good for reflexes.  Was working on my angles and counter attacking.  Was able to move right and thrust to avoid the straight forward onslaught.

Did a round of boxing with the kid. He's getting much better, which means I can improve.  My parrying came back very strong, was parrying almost every jab.  Headmovement wasn't bad.  A little jumpy.  Throwing more combos, but need to work on throwing in some hooks.  Stop being Mr. Niceguy.  Hope he keeps getting better.

Dips of 65lbs
12,10

Notes: 10 was harder than usual.  Guess that's good for building.  Can't wait to get back to a strength routine.

20 rep squats of 300lbs

Notes: Cleared this bastard.  Reached my goal.  Some of my best squats as well.  Now have to decide if I'll squat one more day and increase the weight 5lbs or keep it the same and maybe try for 21 reps instead.

Pull-ups
10,3,3

Notes: Right shoulder felt like it was being pulled out.  Biceps got a decent pump.

Weighing in at 200lbs.  Didn't eat too well today, so it's prolly off.

5 comments:

  1. Hey - I figured out what the problem was, the left side of my erectors is more developed than right, so my back is getting slightly messed up. I'll work this stupid shit out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. I'm thinking of trying 20 Rep Squats after the 5 x 5. Did you go parallel or all the way down?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parallel. That's how it's designed in the original "SuperSquats" template.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaay!  I'm really proud of all you did during these weeks.  Your hard work and determination was admirable, and it really motivated me to watch you day in and day out.  I was glad I could be there and count those reps for you.  You amaze me!  I'm looking forward to us both being on the 5x5 again.  Good job babe.  I love you!

    ReplyDelete