Monday, February 26, 2007

Training Log: Entry 368

Did some more knife sparring today.  As an experiment, I stood weak side forward in what was basically a flicker stance.  I figure that way I can work on my angles and slipping in a way that'll benefit me as a boxer, rather than a tag player.  Good deal on working angles against southpaws.  It's a fun piece of cross training.  I'd rather box, but people wanna play, so I'll play. 

Towards the end, I was unhittable.  It was interesting to see how people's training influenced their tag playing.  I was rocking the flicker stance, the WC guy had his WC guard up, and the JKD guy had the actual Arnis thing going.  I learned how to use my angles against the WC guy, who'd come in straight on, and I'd move away at an angle and counter.

Back on the old program.  Cycling up the weight for now, so the load is light.

Deadlifts of 275
5X5

Notes: Form came back to me nice and easy.  Just need to be better at letting it back down.

Dip w/70lbs
5X5

Notes: Glad to finally be doing this with low reps again.  Need to adjust to the sudden weight shift.

Overhead presses of 135
5X5

Notes: Nice and smooth.  No issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment