Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Training Log: Entry 508

ME lower

Good mornings
Barx3
95x3
135x3
185x3
225x1
295x1 (new PR)
285x1
285x1
285x1

Notes: Oops.  Told myself I was going to go easy this week, but made a rookie mistake and added up the weight wrong on the bar, setting an accidental PR on the good morning.  I thankfully caught it after the first set, and brought it back down to my old number.  Much better ME day than last week, hit all attempts.  Training, not testing.

Pull throughs of 160
11,10,8,7

Notes: Very explosive on this today, focusing on locking out and squeezing the glutes at the end of the movement. 

DB side bends of 110
8,8,6,5

Notes: Prolly time to get out of this.  Thinking suitcase deadlifts from pins next time.  Be good grip work as well, just need to bring my chalk.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, hey at least you got a PR out of the deal, haha. Good work man. Esp on good mornings, those arent easy with a straight bar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have too much trouble with the straight bar.  I've started wearing a hooded sweatshirt, and I leave the hood between the back of my skull and the bar, so that the bar doesn't really have far to roll.  Be nice to try the SuperSquat bar though...but that means dealing with the gym weanies =P

    ReplyDelete