Thursday, December 27, 2007

Training Log: Entry 521

ME upperday

Military press
Barx3
95x3
135x3
155x3
185x1 (New PR)
205x1 (New PR)
215x1 (New PR)
220x1 (New PR)

Notes: Evidence that I have no leg drive whatsoever, as my military press PR is only 10lbs shy of my push-press, and I might have been able to hit 225 if I wanted to keep going.  Just going to stick with the military press then, as it prolly will develop more shoulder strength from a dead pause than the push press will.

DB extenions w/50lb DBs
10,8,7,6

Notes: Should prolly switch these out soon, might even just try a pushing rather than extension movement, and see how that works.

V handle close grip chins
9,5,5,5

Notes: Going back to normal or wide grip next time, going to add some weight too and work some lower reps.

Jump shrugs w/335
10,11,8,8

Notes: Straps were giving me all sorts of problems this time.  Last two reps, I just got rid of them and did an over/under grip.  Might just do that next time.  Stll getting a great pull from a dead pause on the pins.

Bungee cord pull aparts
4x15

Notes: Got this great idea while training my wife.  While I wait on buying some bands, I'm using the same 3ft bungee cords that I use to strap the board to my chest on board presses.  I can alter hand spacing to add resistance, or add more cords.  Really hit my rear delts.

 

Walking around at 208 first thing in the morning with a little breakfast in my belly.

Got rid of a plantar wart that's been on my foot since August.  Should positively affect my running.

No comments:

Post a Comment