Monday, December 17, 2007

Training Log: Entry 515

RE effort Upperbody

Bench press of 175
28,9,7

Notes: Form fell apart, completely lost my arch.  Need to work on sticking to the bench, maybe employ some chalk next time.

3-board press of 245
5,5,4,5

Notes: Used a bungee cord to keep the boards on my chest, lost form on the 3rd set, board was a little off set.  Maybe switch to the 2-board next time, or lower the weight and go for a few more reps.

Bradford presses of 105
4x6

Notes: Form was great here, like this exercise, rested bar on traps for a dead pause.

DB rows of 110
10,8,6,5

Notes: Definitely got a great pull by resting the DB on the floor between sets.  Like this exercise now.

BB curls of 85
8,7,6

Notes: Discovered that my shoulder doesn't click as much if I focus on rotating my wrist outward while curling.  Need to give this a try next time.

 

Deadlifting tomorrow.  Going to break some records.  Hopefully get some video up.

2 comments:

  1. I have had the same success in the curls by trying to rotate the wrists (though it alleviates wrist pain when using barbells instead).Have you tried just wearing two shirts on the bench (an undershirt and a "tight" overshirt to hold the boards in place)? We used to do that when we didn't have enough spotters and it seems to work well enough. Lets see some PRS tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually can't wear a shirt on the bench because the fabric makes me slip and lose my arch.  The bench isn't the best of quality.  The bungee cord actually works great though, I just have to set it up right ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete