Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Training Log: Entry 520

ME lower body

Squats
Barx3
135x3
225x3
275x3
315x1
385x1
390x1
395x1
400x1

Notes: No PRs today, but definitely the deepest squats I've ever done in my life for powerlifting squat.  Well below parallel, no doubts in my mind whatsoever.  Walkouts were simple too.  Think all that quad work is paying off.  Most likely explains why my deadlifts didn't go up too high while my squats improved.  Think next ME workout I'll encorperate some supplemental work to balance this out.  Glad to finally have a squat workout without any failures.  No fear of falling forward, and definitely felt my quads more engaged than usual.

RDLs of 275
9,6,6,6

Notes: Lowered the weight to get more reps in on this.  Grip felt strong, no back problems, didn't really feel the hamstrings engaged, but oh well, this ain't bodybuilding.

Saxon Side Bends w/12lb DBs
7,7,6,6

Notes: Farthest ROM I've had on this exercise before.  Gonna be sad to leave this behind.

Did some grip work yesterday.  Didn't lose too much progress after a week off.

 

Got the IronMind Dip belt for X-mas.  Rated to hold up to 1000lbs.  Time to do some 1000lb dips.

2 comments:

  1. Are you pushing your hips back as far as possible on the RDLs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Far as I can tell, but I'll place a special emphasis on it next time, thanks.

    ReplyDelete