Monday, December 24, 2007

Training Log: Entry 519

RE upper body

Bench press of 185
21,8,6

Notes: Increased the weight, as the reps were getting a little nuts on the older weight.  Kept my arch, and form was a ot better than last time.

2-board press of 225
4x5

Notes: Took away a board and cut the weight down, hopefully I won't get stuck like last time.  Going to try a little experiment and stick with this movement until my next full range bench.  My lockout last time was real ugly, but I still feel like I'm weak off the chest.  Going to see if board pressing helps my benching, and if I still feel like I'm struggling, I'm going to go for full range close grip for a 3 or 4 week cycle. 

Bradford press of 105
8,6,8,8

Notes: Second set was just a bad set-up for hand spacing, gotta pay attention next time.  Might just use chalk to leave an imprint.

DB rows of 110
12,8,8,6

Notes: Got a great stretch on the right side, but couldn't tell on the left.  I pulled my left serratus, and could only feel pain rather than if I was getting a good pull or not.  Either way, movement is really increasing.

Olympic bar curls of 85lbs
10,8,6

Notes: Shoulder only clicked once or twice the entire time, rotating my wrist outward is the secret.  Good to be able to do these again without pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment