Saturday, December 22, 2007

Training Log: Entry 518

DE lower day

Speed box squat of 205
10x2

Notes: Getting better explosiveness from the bottom, not stalling as bad.  Haven't been doing a weight cycle on this, just because right now I'd gain nothing from chaning the weight so often when I have such a fundamental problem.  Keep throwing those elbows forward and popping up.  Might even consider lowering the box instead.

Assisted pistols
8,8,5

Notes: Last set really offered little assistance aside from balance.  Think I'll be swapping this movement out soon, maybe back to lunges or some split squats.  It's been good, but I don't really like having to assit myself, as I have no means of guaging resistance.

Good mornings of 205
7,6,6,6

Notes: Was dying on those last two sets, but the weight felt pretty light comparatively.

Ab wheel from knees
4x8

Notes: Focused on getting a full stretch and taking my time.  It's nice to return to this movement.  Try some jackknives next time.

5 comments:

  1. Hey man, you're training log is very impressive. You identify your progress, weakness, areas for improvement, a very honest and detailed log. Truth be told, you have a very strong work ethic. Its inspirational to see a personal training log such as this, I'm going to try my hand at something like this. So if you don't mind me asking, what are your some of your goals? Do you participate in boxing, by the way? Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dude.  I was training in boxing for a while, but my shoulder is a limiting factor at this point, and with time constraints, I had to pick between boxing and lifting, and ended up on lifting.  Later down the line I might take it up again, but at the moment my focus is on my lifting. 
    My goals right now are focusing on my big 3.  I want a 400lb bench, 500lb squat and a 600lb deadlift. 
    Good luck on your training log, they're an invaluable resource.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know your shoulder affected your boxing work. When I had problems with mine, it was usually only with benching. If you ever have spare change, you may want to try the product "ProFlex", which is just glucosamine, and it supposedly enforces joint cartilage. My knee problems healed up while taking it, although I can't say for certain whether it was because of the supp or just coincidence, but there you go.Godspeed with the box squats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not so much that my shoulder hurts while boxing, but more that it's more prone to injury/subluxation with boxing than it is with lifting.  I've only ever hurt my shoulder once lifting, but boxing/grappling are much more numerous, because I have much less control over the variables in the latter than I do in the former.  Thanks for the tip though, if I experience more pain, I'll definitely pick that up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for a layout that's simple and clean. I'm not too familiar with Xanga.

    ReplyDelete