Saturday, December 1, 2007

Training Log: Entry 506

DE lower day

Low box speed squats of 185
10x2

Notes: Finally bit the bullet and set up some plates as a box.  4x45 and 2x35 to end up slightly below parallel.  I must have longer legs than I thought.  I have zero power out of the hole thanks to all my high box training off of my bench.  Most likely explains my sticking on my squats and deadlifts.  This will be a good new practice.  Little twinge in my right knee. 

Assisted pistols off of power rack
8,6,5

Notes: I'm not cut out for this circus act crap, I got no balance whatsoever.  Had to cross one leg over the other rather than holdin out one leg because I'm a total wimp.  Used the power cage for balance and as an assist when I got stuck because my quads are weak.  Went ass to grass.

Good mornings of 185
4x6

Notes: Heaviest weight I've used for reps before, bu felt incredibly light after all the heavy squat work.  Hit pins a few times to make sure I was going all the way.

Rolling neck bridges
2x10

Notes: Used hands for balance.  Good to be back.

Ab work tomorrow, core too exhausted for much of anything else.

4 comments:

  1. Your xanga is very much just like mines except mines is about my weight.  So like are you  in the military or anything? lol. You look very serious. And i would love for you to train and give me tips lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. US Air Force.  I only look serious because I have a goofy ass smile =P
    I'm not much for weight loss, if that's what you want tips on, but I'll try to help if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the increased balance is one of the great benefits of pistols. What helped me was just standing straight up holding one leg out. When that became pretty easy, I'd lower myself to a point just above where my balance goes and hold it again for a while. Repeat the process until hitting the bottom then work on going up, which wasn't as hard as getting to the bottom in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If my goal was to get good at pistols, I'd definitely start working towards that.  As it stands, I'm just using it to work on my quad strength, so some assistance doesn't really bug me.  Thanks for the tips though.

    ReplyDelete