Thursday, December 13, 2007

Training Log: Entry 513

ME upper body

2 board press
Barx3
135x3
185x3
225x3
275x1
355x1 (new PR)
355x1
355x1
355x1

Notes: Just like lower day, taking it easy on the PR breaking this week.  A little touch and go on the first and last set, but the middle two were perfect.  For warm up sets, used a bungee cord to hold the board to my chest.  Worked well for warm-ups, but wouldn't use it as a regular practice.  Keep feet planted flat to take bar off racks, puts less loading on my spine and shoulders.

DB extensions of 45lbs
11,7,6,5

Notes: This thing still fries me.  Made sure to keep weight dead before extending.

V handle close grip pull-ups
9,5,5,4

Notes: Added bodyweight ups the resistance here.  Leaning back helps draw the lats in more I feel.

Jump shrugs of 315lbs w/straps
12,10,10,9

Notes: Great performance here, helps to thread the straps though my middle and ring finger and pull the shrug up from a dead pause on the pins.

Bent over rear delt flyes of 12lbs
15,12,11,10

Notes: Gonna rest on the incline bench next time.  Leaning forward after all the short rest periods kills my cardio, and makes me terminate the exercise early.  Remember, it's a rear delt exercise, not a tricep kickback.

3 comments:

  1. A big thanks for your help on both the MA board (when you were there) and through here. Especially the help with the design of the routine, and the squat way back then. Also, thanks for showing me grippage.com, I used the grip strength I built through there to help my wrestling. Even still, its CoC for me. My grip was strong, but not strong enough to control. I'm not one to not give credit where credit is due, but again, I passed out. You know how it is.
    A question for you: Did the grip help from the CoC help you in Martial Arts in general?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely helped in grappling, and I'm sure it played a role in boxing as well.
    I was just giving you a hard time over at PPP's blog, but glad to know I could help.  You got a much bigger head start than I did, make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome to hear, I'm purchasing the trainer, and probably the number 1 soon.
    Haha, strength training was a big jump from the crappy 10x3, machine routine I was doing. "Yeah, this will help in wrestling."  "Oh no, we dont need to work legs, you only work them enough by walking around all day", was the kind of things I heard during that time from the creator of the routine.

    ReplyDelete