Saturday, February 16, 2008

Training Log: Entry 549

DE lower body

Speed box squats of 165+light bands
10x2

Notes: Still got great explosion from this, despite heavier bar weight.  Wondering if 185 is enough bar weight from the bottom, and that was my only limiting factor.  Getting good control decending into the hole.  Think my squats are gonna turn around.

Front squats of 155
2x10, 1x2

Notes: 2 sets was enough.  The weight wasn't heavy, just taxed my body a lot to hold it for the sets.  High reps suck.

SLDLs of 345
4x5

Notes: Weight was real light today, coulda done more.  Think I've been using too much volume in my assistance work, and it's been frying me for my supplemental work.  Going to stick to just two sets on the front squats and see how things go.

2 comments:

  1. Speed work is tricky. Basically, the bands you have are probably good tension, but just keep adding bar weight untill the Speed slows down. Once youreach that, stop adding weight until it speeds back up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice, I'll definitely have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete