Friday, February 29, 2008

Training Log: Entry 556

ME upper

Close grip bench
Barx3
135x3
185x3
225x3
275x1
350x0
325x1
325x1
325x1

Notes: Think my CNS is fried.  Haven't had a break in a while, and have been setting constant PRs for months.  Momentum was bound to stop.  After failing, decided to scale back and just hit 3 easy singles.

Chin-ups
2xmax

Notes: Second set was with the light band.  Just did these for a little pulling.

 

Called it a night after that.  Hopefully a temporary fluke.  Think I'm using too much bar weight on my DE days.  Going to scale it back and see where it gets me.

5 comments:

  1. when was the last time you deloaded?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't done a planned one in a while, but I think 3 or 4 weeks ago I cut out all supplemental and accessory work on my ME day. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, that doesnt really qualify. i would say take a week off in terms of maxes, like do 3x8 or 5x5 instead of ME work (i personally like tojust "warm up" and then go home). You wil kinda feel like you didnt accomplish anything but your body/cns will thank you in the long run if you do that every do often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I've just been reading a lot saying that deloading isn't really all that necessary as a beginner.  I actually heard that cutting out all the supplemental/assistance work was a valid method of deloading.  I'll be charting this and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, at some point you will for sheer recovery sake. As you get stronger your body is doing more and more work. If you look back and see that you have been hitting a lot of PRs that is usually a sign to back off a little becuase you are probably right at your "peak."

    ReplyDelete