Monday, February 18, 2008

Training Log: Entry 550

DE upper day

Speed bench with 135+mini bands
8x3

Notes: Holy crap, the bar alone almost felt like enough weight.  I'm glad I didn't pick up the monster minis.  Setting up the bands is a bit of a pain since I'm not in the rack with this, but I used some DBs and got by. Bands have definitely rejuvinated my DE efforts.

Military press of 155
4x5

Notes: Got sick of the DB work on bench, decided to give this classic a try.  Narrowed my grip a little bit to recruit more triceps and ease my mind about shoulder drama.

Bent over rows of 155
10,10,10,7

Notes: No mirror makes all the difference, though I still fry in the later sets.  Never know why.

Hammer curls of 55
3x5

Notes: Got lazy and didn't want to strip the weight off the DBs from the DE work, so just curled it.  Think I'll move back to barbell or EZ for a cycle.

Mini band pull aparts
1x20, 3x15

Notes: Maybe double up next time.

 

Some progress shots, going from 190 to 220.  Took about 5.5 months to put on the weight. 

 

Relaxed






Front double bi






Back double bi






Rear lat spread






Wheels (Didn't get a good angle on this one sadly)







And a front lat spread with no before shot


6 comments:

  1. Nice progress. The gain in mass is particularly noticeable on the chest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the back/lats was the most noticable, but hey its all over tho, nice work man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The RE work shoulda helped the chest, and the vanity work should explain the back, haha.
    Thanks folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look way, way bigger in the back/lats comparison, especially. This is definitely the most drastic progress I've seen of you in before/after pictures yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, getting out of ROTC definitely helped.  The PT demands and weight standards were a lot more different than what I have now.  My wife has been a great help as well, haha.  Trying to put on weight with that awful college food sucked.

    ReplyDelete