Monday, February 25, 2008

Training Log: Entry 554

DE upper

Speed bench press w/135 +mini bands
8x3

Notes: A few hit or miss sets.  Remember to squeeze the crap out of the bar.

Strict press of 165
4x5

Notes: Last set was a little struggle, but no leg drive, just some back bend.  The narrower grip is good for anything above singles, recruits the triceps a little as well.  Thinking of throwing in a few sets of bodyweight tricep extensions next time.

Bent over BB row of 165
10,8,6,6

Notes: Next time, rest the bar on the ground in between reps.  That's been a hot tip for DB and t-bar rows, should be good for these as well.  May be the missing factor and the reason I keep frying out.

EZ bar curls of 75lbs
12,10,8

Notes: Internal rotation might be improving, shoulder doesn't click as much on curls.  Keeping a wide grip, and intentionally keeping the weight low to get higher reps in. 

Mini band pull aparts
4x20

Notes: Doubled up on the band to increase the resistance, and totally fried my rear delts.  Can barely lift my arms.

 

Abs are shredded from band ab pull downs.  Didn't think it'd be that effective.

2 comments:

  1. I guess deloading the bar on the rows makes a big difference in weight, because there's no way in hell my bb row numbers would be similar to yours (I don't touch the ground at all)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't touch the ground either, I was just toying around with it today and think it'll be good to try.  My row numbers have always sucked when it comes to high reps.  I really just seem to fry out for some reason.

    ReplyDelete