Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Training Log: Entry 551

ME lower body

Squats
Barx3
135x3
225x3
275x2
315x2
365x1
410x1
415x1 (New PR)
420x1 (New PR)
315x1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZqtyV9srk0

Notes: Fixed my depth issues.  Third one is a little questionable but I think I hit it at parallel as well.  Going to keep up full steam ahead with the DE band work, maybe even lower the box one more plate and see where it gets me.  Stalling really bad coming out of the hole, need to address that.  Don't really know how.

Pull throughs of 175
4x10

Notes: Really focused on squeezing my glutes at the end on this one.  Think it's time to swap back to some good mornings, maybe keep some band pull throughs going as well.

Saxon side bends w/15lb DBs
3x7, 1x5

Notes: Really focused on squeezing my oblique against my lat, seemed to do the trick.  Felt like something tore on the last set, but turns out wasn't anything major.

4 comments:

  1. I dont know how you are doing your de squats, but they should be to a below parallel box. Nice pr on the squats although I see the following:1. I dont know if you goal is to hit 3 heavy singles each session or if it is to get a pr on max weight. If it is the second, i would suggest bigger jumps. If you want to get a bunch of heavy singles, then completely ignore this.2. Think about pushing your hips through when you get close to your sticking point. That also only works if you...3. Keep a tight arch on your back all the way through. You can think about pushing your elbows forward underneath you, OR, you can think about trying to break the bar over your back by pulling down on it. Kinda like you are trying to pull your self up from down there, but you are pullign yourself up on the bar. They were back real far and you got some sick lean as a result. A lower bar placement would help that too, but I am not the one to talk about low bar lol :)4. Also a belt would not be a bad investment either lol. Out of all the gear I wear ("briefs" and i use that term loosely, wraps and belt) the belt easily trump the others in terms of how much it helps. Just a suggestion. There is certainly nothing wrong without belts and you will definately build up ab strength like crazy without them, but if you can learn to use them right you will feel like your abs are made of steel no joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea, calves will come with big weights, i have no idea who those clowns are on youtube. last i checked squats were done with hams glutes and low back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I'm just trying for some heavy singles.  I'm hitting small PRs along the way, but really only want some 5-10lb increases per month.  I'll save the major PRs for the platform.
    Thanks for the tips on form, I'll definitely have to work that over.  Yeah, had a real good morning going on, haha.
    And I don't sweat the youtube comments.  I figure my calves will get bigger when they need to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea, it wouldnt hurt to beef them up, but at the same time, i dont think it would if you didnt either lol

    ReplyDelete