Friday, February 1, 2008

Training Log: Entry 541

ME upper body

Close grip bench
Barx3
135x3
185x3
225x3
275x1
335x1 (New PR)
345x1 (New PR)
350x1 (Ridiculous new PR)
330x1

Notes: This was insane.  It's a 20lb jump from a month ago, and just 5lbs shy of my bench.  I also wasn't going 100% with 350, and feel like I coulda hit 355 if I was fresher, much cleaner than my 355 normal grip bench.  My chest is way weak.  I need to bring that up.  I have a feeling that if I did, I could bench more.  When I take picks, you bodybuilder putzes can laugh at my weak pecs =P

2-board press of 245
5,5,5,7

Notes: This was way easy today as well.  Don't know what was up.  Maybe it's because I've been eating like a fat kid this week.

Bodyweight pull-ups
10,5,5,3

Notes: Just wasn't in love with the weighted stuff, feel like these work much better.  Great pull in the lats.

Jump shrugs w/straps of 365
13,10,8,6

Notes: Wasn't in love with the kelso shrugs either, maybe I'll rotate them into my DE upper day.

2 bungee cord pull apart
15,12,10,10

Notes: Theory was right, adding another was intense.  Once I get my jump stretch bands, this will be even better.

 

2 comments:

  1. have you ordered the bands yet? if not, i would suggest getting them straight form jump stretch rather than elite or something. save a little money.nice job on the benching man. and dont worry about the pics, dont need to look strong to be strong, but it doesnt hurt to gain weight lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I already ordered them.  I went with elite just because it gave me free shipping.
    And I just use the pics to guage fat gain, haha.  Besides, I figure it'd be fun to look back on later.

    ReplyDelete